If you are not already, you should go join the Grand Prix. Lots of prizes to be had in two separate categories, Modded and OOB. contest started on February 1st and is running till April 15th so you still have time.
Alright so here comes pictures to what i have been doing
This is a great conversion!!
Originally by MOProject i believe but this particular one is the Super G recast and is still a joy to put together with minimal cleanup just a few sink marks and usual resin flaws.
I will be sad to see this kit go when it is finished because the proportions are BEAUTIFUL but i will be glad to see it go to someone that will appreciate it.
Next is my own personal project: MG Shenlong to Nataku conversion
Well the first arm was a success!!
I could not get the armor piece to become sturdy enough to be a stand alone part like its counterpart so i decided to just cement it to the frame.
It will not be any issue, painting should not be a problem so i call it a win.
Well here they are all mounted up. I am pretty pleased with the way they turned out but still got some cleanup to do on the fangs to get rid of all there flaws.
Next came disassembly of the entire kit and cleaning up the fangs.
Started out with removing the pot holes stamped into the the plastic.. why are they there? idk
Filled with Tamiya white putty
Then sanded away....
Removed Seam line from the yellow pinsers
Removed seams from red extension piece. these were a pain due to the fact you have to do them one at a time as you go.
My technique for removing seam lines is to put cement on each piece were they meet then going over the entire seam once i have joined them together then squeeze them together real tight.
Rescribing panel lines....
Next was the weapon. I wanted to remove the seam line on the weapon but to do so i would have to make the beams removable through the top since the way they normally go in is by pegging them between two pieces that then snap together. So i decided to cut the pegs off of the beam effect and put magnets in the beam and then insert magnets where the peg would normally go into the hole.
Double stacked two 1/16 magnets in the beam. they fit perfectly flush in there.
Next dropped the magnet into the peg hole and put some putty over the top to hold it down since super glue just was not cuttin it.
And BOOM!! holds perfectly and can be removed with ease..
Thats where i am at currently. The Nataku is #1 on my priority list due to the fact of the April 15th deadline. Painting will start as soon as my paint arrives.
Till next time